The Tissue Pack Innovation Lab (TPIL) is your research partner and source for industry training. We were created to support the growing tissue and personal care industry. We are located in the College of Natural Resources, Department of Forest Biomaterials at NC State University.
- Industrial research: Companies can leverage with NC State expertise and facilities to perform world-class research in tissue and towel.
- Service Area: Companies can rely on NC State to perform private (confidential) testings for their operations, avoiding spending valuable dollars on expensive facilities and training technicians. We will help you focus on improving your manufacturing process while providing key data and information needed to stay competitive in the market.
- Educational area: Professionals in the industry can receive extra support on the following topics:
- Formal training in recycling management and fiber quality
- Formal pulp and paper mill operation training
- How to drive costs saving across the mill (identify the right enablers, e.g., KPIs and real focus)
- How to ensure value creation by investing in capital investment with a solid and profitable business case
Companies interested in working with us, please contact Dr. Ronalds W. Gonzalez by email at firstname.lastname@example.org