The long-term goal of this project is to develop the skills of diverse undergraduate college students and rural science high school teachers in order to advance the future of America’s bioeconomy.
- Develop five online college courses critical for the bioproducts and bioenergy industries.
- Create a certificate program including distance courses that will enable diverse undergraduate students to become career ready for the bioproducts and bioenergy industry.
- Develop an internship and career opportunity network by initiating connections for undergraduate students to industry, government, and research organizations.
- Create a certificate program that includes distance classes and hands-on workshops for rural science high school teachers in bioproducts and bioenergy.
- Promote the use of bioproducts and bioenergy lesson activities in rural, underrepresented student high school science classes.
Program Details for Participants
SBBP participants have been invited to participate in a mixed methods educational research study with approval from North Carolina State University’s Institutional Review Board (IRB). Please contact Co-PI Dr. Meg Blanchard (Meg_Blanchard@ncsu.edu) with any questions.