The Appalachian Wood Energy Innovations Conference will be held on August 25-26th at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Asheville, NC. Participants attending this event will hear from industry, federal agency and university experts on woody biomass policies and incentives, research and pilot projects underway, supply chain challenges, environmental impacts and benefits, and market development opportunities for using wood as an energy source or bioproduct in the Appalachian Region.
Topics will include:
- Overview of the economic and energy landscape and how it has changed in the southern Appalachian region
- Typical biomass projects and wood energy market opportunities
- Social perspectives from private forest landowners and rural communities on wood energy
- Procuring biomass in a challenging landscape from private and federal forestlands
- Preliminary results from WERC grant, “Appalachian and Foothills Energy Markets”
- Adding biomass to the portfolio – utility generation management and cost perspective
- Sustainable biomass markets and environmental benefits
Sponsorship opportunities are available!
Join us for a pre-conference tour at the DuPont State Forest! More details about the tour click here.