Welcome to the Forest Biomaterials Short Courses Site.
Courses we offer include:
- Environmental Life Cycle Analysis Hands-On Workshop
- Description: An intense one-week lecture and computer laboratory experience resulting in the student being able to run robust commercial LCA software. Free, take-away software provided.
- Hands-On Workshop for Pulp and Paper Basics
- Description: A week long lecture and laboratory and pilot plant experience in all aspects of the paper industry.
- Paper Manufacturing Chemistry
- This online course provides a brief introduction to the chemistry of the paper manufacturing process, a field that industrial papermakers often call “wet-end chemistry.”
- Principles and Practice of Paper Coatings Short Course
- Description: This course will cover basics of coating materials, process technology and coating property and coated substrate testing.
- Strategic and Financial Analysis Workshop for the Pulp & Paper and Related Industries
- Description: Provides basic and sophisticated tools to analyze business operations, estimate financial outcomes and support decision making in the Pulp, Paper and related industries.