Welcome to the Forest Biomaterials Short Courses Site.
Courses we offer include:
- Environmental Life Cycle Analysis Hands-On Workshop
- Description: An intense one-week lecture and computer laboratory experience resulting in the student being able to run robust commercial LCA software. Free, take-away software provided.
- Interactive Distance Workshop for Pulp and Paper Basics
- Description: A week long interactive workshop will provide a broad overview of Pulping, Bleaching, Chemical Recovery, Recycling, Papermaking and Converting.
- Industry Professional Development Series
- Description: This series of courses covers aspects of paper manufacturing chemistry, including sizing, colorants, strength additives, and charge control, etc. Each course is fully online, self-paced, with about 3 hours of instruction.
- Principles and Practice of Paper Coatings Short Course
- Description: This course will cover basics of coating materials, process technology and coating property and coated substrate testing.
- Strategic and Financial Analysis Workshop for the Pulp & Paper and Related Industries
- Description: Provides basic and sophisticated tools to analyze business operations, estimate financial outcomes and support decision making in the Pulp, Paper and related industries.