Join this southern regional Prescribed Fire Council meeting on November 4, 2016 to learn more about other Prescribed Fire Councils and pertinent prescribed fire information, and to meet and network with the board of the Coalition of Prescribed Fire Councils and others involved in PFCs around the region! This FREE meeting will be held in conjunction with the 11th Biennial Longleaf Conference (www.ncsu-feop.org/LLA). Longleaf Conference registration is not required to attend this meeting.
To ensure adequate space and food, please RSVP for the Regional PFC meeting at the following link no later than Oct 28: https://ncsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_740BxTcXvjMQpEx.
When: 10am– 5pm (plus a social from 5-7pm!), Friday, November 4, 2016
Who Should Attend?: All members of a Southern Prescribed Fire Council (PFC), in addition to anyone interested in learning more about PFCs, are invited to attend.
Social: A social will be held from 5-7pm for all meeting participants in the downstairs hotel restaurant following the meeting, and will include free light refreshments for anyone who pre-registers to the event by Oct. 28.
Where: Marriott Savannah Riverfront, 100 General McIntosh Blvd., Savannah, Georgia 31401 USA. Meeting rooms will be posted at the event.
Shuttle: A free shuttle(s) will be provided from the Savannah Marriott Riverfront to the Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport after the social. More details and pick-up times TBA.
Lodging: A special block of hotel rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport (80 Clyde E Martin Dr, Savannah, GA 31408) is on file under the group name “NC State University” for the single night of 11/4/2016 at the rate of $179/nt+tax for single or double occupancy. For those of you who are flying, the hotel provides a free shuttle to the airport.
Morning Session (in conjunction with Biennial Longleaf Conference)
- 8:15-9:30 – Breakfast Plenary Session with Address by Lindsay Thomas (breakfast is only available to those who register for the Longleaf Conference)
- 9:30-10:00 – Break
- 10:00-10:30 – State of Prescribed Fire Councils – Jeremy Bailey (Longleaf Conference CONCURRENT SESSION D: 1-D Partnerships) (open to all PFC meeting attendees)
- 10:30-11:00 – Building Prescribed Fire Capacity Through Partnerships – Jennifer Evans Fawcett (Longleaf Conference CONCURRENT SESSION D: 1-D Partnerships) (open to all PFC meeting attendees)
- 11:00-11:30 – Longleaf Implementation Teams and Prescribed Fire Partnerships – Randy Tate (Longleaf Conference CONCURRENT SESSION D: 1-D Partnerships) (open to all PFC meeting attendees)
- 11:30-12:30 – Lunch (on your own)
Afternoon Session (Location: Ballroom D)
- 12:30-5:00 pm
- Welcome & Introductions
- Flanking, Heading, and Spotting: How Rx Fire Councils Spread Across North America – Lenya Quinn-Davidson and Zach Prusak
- Facilitated discussions on PFCs and Prescribed Burn Associations
- Facilitated discussions on successes & challenges from your PFC
- Facilitated discussions on how the Coalition of PFCs can better serve your PFC
- Sharing of Ideas
- 5-7pm – Social at Blue Bar with light refreshments (located on second floor of Marriot Riverfront)
- Times TBD – shuttle transportation from Marriot Riverfront to Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport (80 Clyde E Martin Dr, Savannah, GA 31408)
Don’t forget to register by October 28!