Dr. Ron Terry, a 1976 graduate of our Paper Science and Engineering Program, and his wife Dale endowed the Terry Student Enrichment Fund to provide financial support for College of Natural Resource students wanting to challenge themselves beyond the curriculum.
Here are just a few of the incredible experiences students have pursued:
- Establishment of a farmers market in a small NC community
- Creation of an independent perma-culture documentary
- Research in a local African village to promote sustainable tourism
- Volunteerism in Haiti for an orphan crisis village
- Internship with Cal Ripken Baseball Organization
In partnership with the BioResources Journal, the fund has made these enriching experiences more accessible to students. Since 2016, over $190,000 has been awarded to more than 200 students. We are pleased to offer this fund to our undergraduates in the College of Natural Resources.
Read about Mary Alvarez’s time at the GreenBuild Conference, Craig Person’s travels in Chile, and many more experiences in our Student Blogs below.
Check out this video made by Cashie Naylor about her study abroad experience along the French Riviera studying Sport and Tourism Management as well as Cross-Cultural Management.